Trainings & Events
Free Adult Heartsaver CPR/AED Training for Community Members
Sponsored by the St. Margaret Foundation, community members are invited to register for a free Heartsaver CPR/AED training held at UPMC St. Margaret, located at 815 Freeport Road in Pittsburgh.
With basic education, anyone can have the information they need to help save a life before first responders arrive. You will find basic education - articles, videos, and quizzes - throughout the Minutes Matter site.
Going Beyond Basic Emergency Information and Education
One step you can take to be better prepared? Sign up for a local course in emergency skills training. These classes can help community members become more effective and confident in an emergency situation.
- To sign up for a CPR class near you, visit the American Heart Association website.
- To sign up for a CPR/AED class near you, visit the American Red Cross website.
- To sign up for a Stop the Bleed class, visit the Stop the Bleed's website.
- Become certified in mental health first aid.
- Become certified to support someone struggling with mental health.
- To get naloxone mailed to your house, visit NEXT Distro.
- To obtain naloxone at a participating pharmacy, download the Pennsylvania standing order.